Thursday, September 3, 2015

Moving Forward




Well folken, with the release of Selenophilia, my birthday, and some personal, living-logistics stuff out of the way - not to mention the promotion circus for Occultation being behind me - I'm ready to get back in the saddle of writing (both music and, hopefully, more Snail Tales) and recording. However, I took a few hours last night and this morning to just relax and dink around with GIMP and and the pics in my design folder, and I came up with this bit of poster art to celebrate the fact that Instrumentality and Occultation are both in stores and on streaming sites, together, where they belong. The following is all the ads I put together and splashed all over social media to promote this fact with the appropriate links attached...now that I actually know how to attach a link to a picture within a post (can you believe it's taken me this long?).









Now, to be completely honest with y'all, thanks to Selenophilia and the An Arcane Son / A Most Resilient Snail single, all but one of the songs - "I Will Dim My Light Only Enough To Not Blind You," or "Dimmer" for short - that were exclusive to Occultation are now available at the Snail Tunes store. Still, all but three of the songs that had been released prior to Occultation were edited and remastered for the album, in some cases rather significantly.

I also keep forgetting about the Alternate Spins of "The Replicant" and "Pentadactyl," which are still exclusive to Occultation (the Alternate Spin of "Pentadactyl" on that album differing significantly from the Alternate Spin on Nefelibata).

Anyway, it's my opinion that the record is still worth listening to or owning on its own, in which case the best deal is for $7.99 on Amazon. However, if you'd rather have the Artist's Edition (which includes artwork in JPEG and PDF formats, as well as track art that displays the Snail Tunes releases each track originated on), it is still available as one of several rewards that are yours for the taking (as is an Artist's Edition of Instrumentality) when you pledge $10 or more in support of The Lady anoNYMous on Patreon.


Don't feel like you really need downloads taking up your data storage? Don't have the money to spend or pledge? Well, even just streaming these albums is an act of support, as I do receive royalties for the plays, and all you gotta do is put up with the ads. So, really, thanks for that.

Well, y'all, this is it until there's a new Tale or something to report. So thanks again for your support, and may your inner snails remain resilient and determined.





No comments:

Post a Comment