Friday, August 28, 2015

Social Media Bomb!


Hey folken, wanna help me social-media-bomb Occultation on Google Play? It will only take a moment of your time. Just click this link to the album in the Google Play store and give it a +1 down at the bottom of the page! Chances are, if you Follow The Lady, you've heard the entire album by now, so please feel free to write a review (if you're in a writing kind of mood). And maybe, if you haven't already done so, you could pay Instrumentality a visit and give it a +1 as well?

In Google-related news, I've started receiving data for sales and royalties now that four months have passed since the release of the first album. Don't ask me why, but there's a three month delay until this information reaches me. The results are positive, though! As an independent artist, I had to pay the distributor in advance for their services, so the Instrumentality Project has been an unsure investment. But if the current numbers trend, then I may break even or even see a profit! The dream of making a living creating art is still alive and I aim to continue working as if it's actually viable until I see a year's worth of results from both crowd-funding and commercial revenue.

Currently, I'm making the most in royalties from plays on Google, while Spotify is coming in at a distant second. So let's increase The Lady's visibility on Google Play, shall we, and keep up the good work! Your continued support is my most valuable resource and it is appreciated beyond words. The simple act of streaming my music on Rdio, YouTube, and Spotify and putting up with those ads actually sends royalties my way, and your Likes and subscriptions on those sites appeals to potential fans. So lots of thanks and lots of love to y'all! Keep up the good work of enjoying my music and I can keep up the good work of creating it!

Speaking of which, the release of Selenophilia is just around the corner. I plan to release it on my birthday, because I like giving gifts on my birthday, and it's about time I'm able to stamp that date on a record! If you don't know that date...you will, soon enough. In the meantime, here's another tease to tide you over:


No comments:

Post a Comment