Thursday, February 19, 2015

A Beginning...


Welcome to my first experience in blogging. We all have to start somewhere, right? The intention of this blog is to be a diary of my artistic endeavors and a way to share them with others. I am primarily a writer and a musician. I have been writing stories since before I was able to write words, drawing series of crude pictures and stapling the pages together to create books. During my early teens there was hardly a time when I wasn't working on three novels at time, and one of these I even had printed and traded for dollars. Over time, my writings have strayed from long-form fiction to essays, prose, and stream of consciousness. Fiction is a friend I wish to return to, and hopefully I'll be sharing some stories on this blog.

Currently, my creative passion has been expressing itself through music. Following a series of unfortunate events which I may or may not go into detail about later on, I have been largely house-bound and unable to be on my feet for long due to extensive nerve damage. Over the years, I've had a mild curiosity about GarageBand and an intention to compose music on an overly complicated keyboard that I eventually sold. Well, a new phone and the decision to download the app has resulted in several songs that are continuously evolving even as I write new ones. I've been playing the piano since I was six and started toying around with guitar and bass since my late teens, and I am a diva with a background in choir and singing for heavy metal bands. Music has always been a part of me and an essential way to express myself. It's wonderful to have moved on to trying my hand at composing, and I am proud of my latest works.

I am now trying multiple avenues to expose people to my creations and make the dialogue of creator, creation, and recipient a complete and public cycle. This has already begun on FaceBook where you can follow me and the evolution of my creations. Just look me up by any of my names: James Watkinson, the name I was born to; anoNYMous Raven, the name I have given myself; and The Lady anoNYMous, the name of my artistic aspect. Y'all can call my Nym, for short.

No comments:

Post a Comment